Thank you for choosing Phil’s Driving School. Here's the latest news:
Currently classroom sessions will remain online using Zoom until social distancing guidelines and social gatherings become lifted. The classroom portion of your driver education program will remain on Zoom until the State of Connecticut relaxes its social distancing policies.
The driving school office will continue working remotely. Regular office hours will continue to be Monday – Friday, 10am to 4pm. Please leave a message as we may be on the phone with another customer, and we will call you back as soon as we can. If you have questions about scheduling the classroom please email email@example.com. To schedule behind the wheel instruction, please call us during office hours.
Behind the Wheel Driving Lessons:
We will start behind the wheel driving lessons beginning on June 20, 2020. There will be several restrictions in place, including the following:
- For both instructors and students: use masks covering the nose and mouth and hand sanitizer.
- The vehicle will be sanitized and wiped down after each lesson.
- To keep everyone safe behind the wheel lessons will start and finish at the driving school.
- Our priority is to everyone who was scheduled for a driving test in March and April who had their tests canceled.
- We will be backed up with lessons for the summer, so please know your schedule about a month ahead when you call.
- Please only schedule lessons you know you are available to do. We have to pay the instructors even if you cancel it within 24 hours. The fee for canceling lessons within 24 hours is $25 per hour. This fee is used to pay the instructor for their scheduled time.
- We are currently waiting for more guidelines from the State of Connecticut COVID-19 response team and will update you when we receive them.
Behind the Wheel Testing:
We are still waiting for DMV guidelines and will be prioritizing students who had their tests canceled first. Once we have more information, it will be posted here.
We are currently waiting for more guidelines from the State of Connecticut COVID-19 response team and will update you when we receive them.